Sunday, March 27, 2011

TONS of Weekend Fun!

This weekend Ben headed to Vegas for a bachelor party and Allie, the canines and I packed up and headed to Marshall.  It was SO nice not having an agenda. 

Friday night we had dinner at Meme and Pepaw's and Allie had an absolute ball.  Molly and Kasey (her new idols) were there and decided to play "Just Dance" on the Wii.  Allie loves music - hence her love for Fresh Beat Band and Jacks Big Music Show - so this was totally up her alley.  Perhaps we have another dancer on our hands?  These videos are fairly long but depict just how much fun she had with the girls.

On top of the fun, my Uncle Brad's (my mom's sister's husband) mom - who just lost her husband two weeks ago - came along for the evening.  Mrs. Howlett is one of the sweetest people you will meet...I hope our loudness didn't give her nightmares!

The videos are posted seperately. 

So as if "Just Dance" wasn't enough, Meme brought out a doctor's set that Uncle Brad and Allie played with and of course she was in love.  You can't tell she's the first great-grandchild can you?



Uncle Brad loves him some Allie Parker

Now keep in mind - my child is IN bed by 7:15 at the latest every night.  Friday night, we didn't even leave Meme and Pepaw's for our 3 mile journey until 8:30.  Before leaving, Pepaw gave Allie a red plastic Solo cup...this is a picture of her as we pulled up at dad's. 


Saturday, Papa B played golf so Allie and I got ready, ran a couple errands then headed to Meme and Pepaw's for the afternoon.  I honestly cannot explain just how much my grandparents mean to me.  We have always been close, don't get me wrong, but since mom's death and the birth of Allie, they do not miss a thing in our lives.  They are such amazing people and I am so lucky that they are in great health and as involved with Allie as they are.

Around lunch I ran and got Subway sandwiches for us and left Allie with Meme and Pepaw.  Of course, more toys came out.  I swear, Meme pulls toys from her butt...there is something new each time we come in.  Elmo came out and unfortunately he needed a little "surgery" (aka - new batteries) but notice my little impatient princess...she was trying to hurry the process!  After lunch, before I could even say "no" Pepaw gave Allie a butter cookie...of course she enjoyed every bite!...and Memaw straw-fed her tea until her glass was gone...my poor kid probably looks at me like "why have you been denying me these things, mom?"

As always, Meme pulled out a million new toys for Allie to play with.  Tickle Me Elmo was Allie's favorite.




After Meme and Pepaw's Al and I met 3 of daddy's closest friends at the golf course so they could see her.

After the golf course, we (dad, Allie and I) loaded up the car (which is a HUGE process) and took off for Herby K's in Shreveport, but stopped by mom's grave first to replace the winter flowers with spring ones.  Allie slept the entire time so it gave dad and I some time to dust off the head stone, fix the flowers, etc.  I just know mom loves all the pink!


Allie was a "Herby K's virgin"...until yesterday!  We went early and sat on the back porch.  Once we made it, I gave my little bull in a China shop a piece of bread to entertain her.  Dad framed a picture of Al and Mike the Tiger and gave it to Mrs. Janet so Allie Parker is now a celebrity...her picture is on the wall at Herby K's!


After Herby K's, Meme and Pepaw and Aunt Jamie and Kasey came by to see us.  

Sunday, Al and I went to church with Papa B then met the fam at Gucci's for lunch.  Shortly after, we packed up the car and headed to G Rob and Pammy's so they could get a little Allie Parker time.  G Rob got a new 55" TV for Christmas so watching Wow Wow Wubzy! was a real hit for Allie.


Allie was awesome on the ride home UNTIL we hit 190 in Opelousas.  I stopped to feed her in the front seat of the Tahoe and we played for 10 minutes or so.  Here's her mug shot.  :)


Going home the last time was really hard.  Seeing dad's house the way mom left it May 12, 2010 was always tough.  BUT this trip was comforting.  My dad is sad - hell we all are - but he is such an amazing person and has done an awesome job at realizing the situation he is in.  As I've mentioned on my blog before - thank you to all my friends who ask about daddy.  For some of you he is like your second dad.  He is doing great and I think the "mug shot" above helps him every day.  This weekend was so much fun because we had a lot of one-on-one time with Papa B and the rest of our family.  At the end of the day, family is what makes life go round.

Love,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment