Friday, March 11, 2011

Keeping busy...

Let me first start off by saying thank you to my sweet friends who have messaged me on Facebook, text, email, etc. to see how I was doing this week.  My healing process would not be the same without you all.

I've done an amazing job at "keeping busy" this week.  Work has been insane.  Since the 3M acquisition, it's been nonstop BUT in a good way.  3M is an amazing company and I look forward to a future with them.  My goals and objectives have grown quite a bit but in order to be successful, I truly believe you have to be pushed.

Last month, Ben and I ordered new windows for the house.  We live in a 1954 house - which we gutted when we bought it - but left the original windows thinking they would "add character."  While they definitely did, I think they are to thank for large energy bills and a sick kiddo!  Ben mentioned at the beginning of the year that there are two things he would like to see change at our house - new hardwood floors (ours are scratched and ugly) and windows.  I responded with "I will have window companies come out and quote this week, BUT hardwood floors will have to wait until next year." 

The new windows were installed Tuesday and they are AWE-SOME.  You know you're old when you're excited about windows.  Not only do they look amazing from the outside, you can truly tell they maintain the temperature inside the house. 

I have so much of my mother in me...good and bad.  I am a complete stickler about my house.  9 times out of 10, if you were to show up at my front door unannounced, my house would be picked-up (I use this term liberally - dusted?  Probably not, but everything in its place and clean - absolutely.)   After the windows were installed I realized they do not match the color of the front 3 rooms (formal living and dining room, guest bedroom and Allie's room) SO I decided to start painting right after the window installers left Tuesday evening.

Mom was the exact same way - PARTICULAR.  I have literally worked myself to exhaustion (working 8-10 hours/day for my job + 4-5 hours at night painting) but it looks awesome.  Mom loved to paint because you could see an immediate change and I am the exact same way.  I wish she could see (in person) how awesome the new color looks.

To all my friends - thank you, thank you, thank you - for being there for me.  I love when friends ask how daddy and Greg and doing...they are in the exact same situation I am, but probably worse.  Daddy has to go home at night to a quiet, still and cold house (mom was always bursting with energy).  Greg doesn't have a support system like I do with Ben and Allie Parker.  If you're sitting around during the day and want to say a quick prayer, please say one for them.  Or if you live in Marshall and want to stop by and see what Mr. Butch is up to, I would love it.  He loves all my friends and looks at you as part of the family.

Love,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment