Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dos Wubbies!

Allie Parker and her Wubbies...I should send a personal thank you to the inventor and creator of the Wubba-Nub.

The day I went in to be induced (June 10), Ben came home for lunch and brought me a dozen red roses and a little tiger (which I later on realized was actually a cat) connected to a Soothie pacifier.  I looked at the Wubbba-Nub and asked what the hell it was and Ben just laughed.  He obviously bought it because of the LSU tigers.

After about 3 weeks of maternity leave, and Allie constantly spitting out her pacifier in the middle of the night, I posted a comment on Facebook. One of the responses I received said I should look into getting her a Wubba-Nub because at some point (given the size and baby attached) she would be able to locate it herself in the middle of the night. It dawned on me (yes, Allie took 1/2 my brain, too!) that the little tiger Ben gave me was a Wubba-Nub so I located it and decided to give it a try.

This is the first picture of Allie with the tiger Wubba-Nub...I remember I sent this to Ben to show how big the pacifier was compared to her!


Since the above picture, we have invested in yet, another Wubba-Nub (just in case one were to ever go missing) and as you can tell, Allie doesn't get far from either of them.  We have coined them "Wubbies" so when she has both we tell her she has "dos Wubbies" and she starts smiling and laughing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment