Monday, February 21, 2011

What a week!

Wednesday through Friday of last week I traveled to Little Rock with two of my 3M co-workers and had multiple wonderful meetings.  BUT...I was RE-ADY to get home and see my fam. 

I was supposed to land in New Orleans at 3:45 - plenty of time to get on the road, drive the hour, and get AP by 5:15 - but just as my luck goes, my flight from Houston didn't take off until 3:15 (scheduled departure was 2:40) so Ben got Allie. 

Getting her from school is the best feeling.  In the mornings when I drop her off, she looks at me like "mom, would you please just leave so I can socialize with my friends?"  It's quite cute (especially for a social mom - LOL) but I would love to have one of those kiddos that gives you a big bear hug (maybe one day?).  In the afternoon when I pick her up, she is the complete opposite - whiny until I pick her up, says "mo-mma" multiple times once I get her and literally dive bombs my chest she's so tired and glad to see me.  This is what I so wanted Friday, when I came off the road. 

Little girl and I had a lot of the weekend to ourselves.  Ben had 7th grade basketball and LSU baseball all weekend so we took several walks around the neighborhood, shopped and enjoyed the awesome weather in south Louisiana.  Poor Allie - she was born in June, one of the hottest months down here, then once I went back to work and she was in school full-time (and the weather was nice)...she's never truly been able to experience "good" weather. 

I took some fun pictures of her over the weekend and thought I would share - she amazes me everyday.  This little girl has truly been one heck of an amazing gift from God and as I always say, she could not have blessed me with her appearance any sooner.  My mom shines in her and I often times wonder just what mom would think about her.  Who am I kidding - mom would be smitten.  Enough rambling and sappiness, here are the pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment