Thursday, December 16, 2010

My mom and her plants

The past couple days have been fairly rough for me.  Not to the point where I cry all day, just small breakdowns here and there.  When I rock Allie to bed at night, I normally cry for a couple minutes...when I listen to Christmas songs (which I've done way less than normal this year), I cry.  It just sucks and I'll leave it at that.

My mom had such a green thumb.  No kidding, in her "next life" I really think she is a horticulturist.  Mom would take the rattiest plant at the nursery and make it a beautiful monstrosity in the shortest period of time.  When she died, we received so many plants, flowers, etc. and I kept telling dad that I only wanted people who would take care of them to adopt them once the funeral was over. 

I inherited several plants, the vast majority of which are still alive.  Mom's favorite flower was the hydrangea - of which was received many - but mine died 3 weeks after the funeral...SAD day for me.  But anyway, the rest of the plants I took are still alive and I know mom is proud of me.



Ok, these look awful but I refuse to let them go!


3 comments:

  1. Carmen you have been in my prayers as I knew your family is facing a tough season ..Kim is smiling seeing how you are doing as a mommy and foster plant taker :-) thanks for sharing with us all the wonderful blessings in y'alls lives BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen, your mom is so proud of you. It breaks my heart to know how hard this time of the year must be. I pray you will experience comfort during the holidays. Little Miss Allie is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allie Parker is growing so fast!! :) She's just adorable!

    My favorite is the hydragea as well!

    ReplyDelete