Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas without mom

As hard as it was not having mom present this year I still had an amazing Christmas with my sweet Allie Parker.  It's amazing how just looking at her can take away all the sorrow and completely fill my heart with joy.

On Christmas Eve, daddy, Greg, Ben and I went to church at First Methodist.  The service was wonderful.  FUMC has a new pastor who did a great job and as always, the service was filled with Christmas music and candles at the end.  I did fairly well throughout the service until Oh Holy Night when the church lights went out and the candles were being lit.  It really hit me hard that mom truly was not there.

Enough sappiness!  After church we went back to daddy's and opened gifts then hung out with the fam and extended fam.  Poor Allie Parker just did not feel well (see next post) so it was pretty hectic for Ben and me.  She screamed for probably an hour, would not go to bed...it was miserable.

As sad as I am saying this, I am kind of glad the holidays are over.  I've dreaded our first Christmas since losing mom for a long time and am glad Allie was young this year so she couldn't see the sadness on my face.  Next year will be so much fun - an 18-month-old who somewhat understands Santa...cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment