Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas tree SNA-FU

Well, my HSA Christmas tree (yes, I purchased a Christmas tree like 3 years ago with my HSA - YES, Health Savings Account...if you haven't heard the story it's a damn good one!) almost went up in flames yesterday. 

Monday (we both had the day off) we pulled out the Christmas decorations and put up the tree.  When I plugged in the lights on the tree (it's a pre-lit one) something smelled funny.  Ben and I both noticed it, but given 3-4 strands of lights were out on the POS (might I add that it was an $800 tree that I got for $400...lights should NOT be going out on it) we brushed it off.

WELL, yesterday morning after I took Allie to school I went to plug in the lights and I noticed an electrical smell.  When I looked up one of the lights was completely on fire...like burning.  I about crapped my pants.  I unplugged it - FAST - and called Ben.  Of course, he didn't think it was near as funny as I did but given the smell from Monday I thought I would share the fact that I figured out what it was.

Last night we ripped all the lights off and put new ones up.  We haven't even begun to decorate the thing, but at least the new lights are safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment