Thursday, February 21, 2013

What is "good" sleep?

How would I know!?!?!? I haven't slept well in over a year!

When Allie was a newborn we slept well. Ben and I took turns on feedings, when he got up for work in the morning, he would shower in the addition and Allie and I would snooze. This go around, it's all me.

Allie sleeps with us (don't judge!) so one of us must remain in bed with her at night, otherwise she goes ballistic. Ben is her "nighttime buddy" so I do all the night feedings.

Although Reagan sleeps pretty long stretches, after a feeding I go back to a bedroom where I am laying on "nunu's" (yes, my 2 1/2-year-old is WAY too old for them, I'm well aware), have legs cracking my ribcage due to Allie sleeping horizontally, listen to Ben snore (or smack), Reagan grunt as she attempts to pass gas, Allie sucking violently on one of her 74 nunu's in the bed...it's a zoo!

....but man I love my family and wouldn't trade them for the world. :)

In the next 6 weeks we have to evict all living things under the age of 3 from our room so I can sleep. Any advice on getting a wild, very opinionated and high maintenance little girl to sleep in her amazing big girl room are greatly appreciated. :)

Also, anyone with newborns reading this - what does your child sleep in currently? How did you transition to their room?

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get some rest soon. Audrey slept in her fisher price rock n play in her room until she was about three or four months. Good luck with the transition to the big girl bed. I'm off facebook for lent but if you need any help, I'll send my cell. I'd be happy to give you any advice that worked for us as Olivia is a very tough one herself!

    ReplyDelete