Monday, September 3, 2012

They say the darndest things

This morning while I was getting ready Allie kept putting a little barrette (hair clip) in her mouth, then she would look at me to see what I would do.  After tell her it didn't go in her mouth but in her hair at least 30 times, this was our final conversation:

Me:  "Allie, honey if you swallow that it's going to hurt and we will have to go see Dr. Franz."

Allie (without skipping a beat, in a loud excited voice):  "Mrs. Pat mommy - sucker!"

Mrs. Pat is the receptionist at our pediatrician's office and is a total sweetheart.  She greets not only the parent but the child, gives them stickers upon check-in, and follows up the visit as we exit the door with a purple, green, orange or red sucker.  I am glad to know Allie loves her so much, LOL.  I guess it's a good thing she's not scared of the doctor?

No comments:

Post a Comment