Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Busy Saturday Already!

It's only 12:20 pm and we've already had a busy day!

Last night was the ribbon cutting ceremony for the westside stadium renovation at LSU.  This is a project our Ben Ross has worked tirelessly on.  I do not know all the specifics but I will say - I am one proud wife.  The project added 6 "formal" gates to the westside of the stadium, a champion's plaza and numerous memory walls honoring former players.  Ben raised the funds for 4 of the 6 gates - and the coolest part to it all is that the families he got involved are like family to us.  From the Sample's to the Frierson's to the Culotta's to the Dupree's - we are so lucky that Ben has such an amazing working relationship that spills over to our family...we are truly blessed.

Going back to the project - Ben was instrumental in making it all happen, and I truly do not think I tell him how proud I am of him enough.  To our friends, Ben is a silly guy, a great dad, an amazing friend, but he doesn't come across as actually being the "business" type.  Heck, sometimes I forget how high of a position he is actually in at TAF simply because I know him as a husband, a father, a best friend, etc.  There wasn't a prouder spouse in the audience last night as me - I recognize all the accomplishments he has made and continue to support his continued success.

http://www.preservedeathvalley.com/

Allie stayed with Anna and Jared, two of her favorite people, last night.  When she woke up this morning we got ready and had breakfast with Ben at McDonald's before he had to go to work.  We had a birthday party for Lola Eyre at 10 am at Leeward Park, but before the birthday we went and bought her a gift and of course Allie had to get a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse video - she LOVES Mickey and Minnie right now.

Allie had a great time with all her friends at the party.  Of course the cupcakes were the real "hit!"

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment