Monday, September 10, 2012

Kids Say (and Do!) the Darndest Things

Tonight after bath Allie and Ben were in the living room / kitchen and I was in the back doing laundry when I heard Ben yell for me. When I got to the front Ben pointed to the ground, telling Allie "no no" repeatedly. I look down and what do I see but a huge puddle of pee - she literally peed while drawing on her easel. As a parent you wonder, where in the hell did she get this idea? Do you make them clean it up (as an embarrassment tactic)?

To avoid any further mess I cleaned it up, explained to her that when she "feels like she needs to tee-tee she needs to tell us so she can..." and she immediately chimed in "Elmo!" (referring to her potty). The kid gets this concept, I think she just lost her mind for a second...which happens a lot here lately...

No comments:

Post a Comment