Saturday, September 1, 2012

BIG Girl Room

So yes, I have probably lost my mind, BUT you have to keep in mind that the last thing I want to do is buy another crib for Ross #2.  I started putting my thoughts together on exactly what I wanted to do in Allie's "big girl" room several months ago and I could not be happier with the results.  I do have some things to finish, but I would say it is roughly 90% done.

...now keep in mind, she's not actually sleeping in this room or bed yet (I'm not quite prepared) but hopefully by Christmas she will make the transition.

New chandelier from Restoration Hardware Baby & Kids, curtains are from Pottery Barn, hutch is from Hobby Lobby


Bedding is from Restoration Hardware Baby & Kids - I love how they incorporate not only the soft tones, but the mixture of fabrics (duvet and sham are linen, sheets are cotton and accent pillow is quilted).  Bed is from Ben's mom's antique shop (I painted it Restoration Hardware's French Gray color).  Allie has a big gray owl that normally lays on the accent pillow and looks adorable because it brings out the gray stripes in the sheets...God only knows where he is!


Close-up picture of linens

 
I bought this nightstand at a furniture in the raw place here in Baton Rouge, painted it French Gray and added new hardware

 
Allie's "going home" outfit mom made for her.  Dad had it professionally framed for her nursery and I could not let it rot in a closet.  One day this kiddo will know all about "Gamma Kim" (as she calls her) and just how big of a heart she had for her unborn granddaughter.  I hung this above her nightstand so she sees it every morning when turning on her lamp, and each night when turning it off.


 
My plan is to put an arrangement of pictures of Allie in various sized scatter frames around the cross...

 
I ordered the coolest pictures off Etsy for this wall.  Each picture (there are 3) is of a different animal - cat, dog and bunny.  They are situated on what's called a blackboard background and have French wording.  I should have them early this week (they were delayed due to Hurricane Isaac).

 
LOVE this chandelier


 
These candy jars are from Pottery Barn Kids and were actually used in her nursery.  At the time, I traveled 8-9 nights per month so I would set out Allie's clothes for school before departing and sort them by day.  I need to go back to this, but incorporate my "independent thinker" to perhaps make getting ready in the morning easier.



 
My cousin Shannon made this puppy dog for Allie and she loves it.  It never actually stays on this chair because she normally drags it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment