Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My biggest fan

It's amazing how life works. One day things could not be better, the next you begin to question "life" in general. Losing my mom has brought me so close to Ben, it's unbelievable.

For those of you reading this who don't know - my job takes me all over the place. From Texas to California to Washington to Florida. Ben, who is simply one of the most amazing people you will ever meet (inside and out), works an average of 60+ hours per week and also serves as "full-time mommy and daddy" when I am gone. When I tell you I can't imagine life without him, I am being dead serious.

Ben and I have been together since high school which to some, is unbelievable. We have had our share of hiccups (for sure) but we've made it through so much together.

I heard "Falling In" by Lifehouse on XM earlier in the week and immediately started to cry..it made me realize just how much I absolutely love and adore everything about my RBR. On the flip side, it made me so sad to think that since my mom is no longer here, dad doesn't enjoy the sense of compassion, camaraderie and simple friendship I have the ability to witness each day.

I wish I could explain in words how different my and Ben's relationship is since May 12, 2010. Ben has a totally different way of caring for me now. A simple "how are you doing, Carm" or "can I do anything to help" go such a long way these days. He knows all the things to say and does them at the perfect time.

Mom and Ben always had there differences, but who didn't with mom (LOL)? I know I sure did. She sees everything he does now - the way he takes care of me, dotes on Allie, worries about dad and Greg...she sees every bit of it and I have no doubt she is so proud of him.

Ben - I don't tell you enough, thank you so much for simply being you and taking such amazing care of Allie and me. I am honestly not sure where I would be right now had if you were not in my life. I love you my dear and can't wait to watch our little family grow as we enjoy decades together.



Love you,
Carm

No comments:

Post a Comment