Sunday, April 3, 2011

Making a "house" a "home"

In 2008, Ben and I bought a ratty, nasty, defunct - the negative adjectives could go on - house in the Southdowns subdivision in Baton Rouge.  We always knew we wanted to move there but given the price of homes PLUS the amount of work the homes needed we didn't know how long it would take us.  I found the perfect home and we were so excited to call it "our house" in 2008.  It took us a little less than 2 months to gut the entire house, add central heat and air, create a master bedroom and bathroom, sheetrock walls, paint, add new floors, etc.  We made the "house" a "home." 

I am so proud of our home.  Every day that I have the opportunity to pull in our driveway I admire not only how beautiful it is, but the amount of blood, sweat and tears we put into it!

3 comments:

  1. It is beautiful.. people should look back in blogs and see the in progress! I still think the outdoor kitchen is my favorite and you have done an awesome job with the yard in my opinion :) Congrats on crossing from house to Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always pass by when i'm home and think how lucky yall are!!!! i keep telling my mom to move and give me her house! hahaha the house looks BEAUtiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing!!! So beautiful! Feel free to come to FW and add your touch to my casa!!

    ReplyDelete