Monday, November 1, 2010

Who would have thunk?

For friends and family that have witnessed, heard me gripe, seen me cry, etc. about the AWFUL experience of bottle feeding Allie the past 2 months...I have FINALLY found the solution...new bottles.

For no kidding - 2 months - anytime I, Ben, Ms. Annie or Ms. Crystal at school, Pammy, Meme...whoever - went to feed her, she would act like the bottle was going to chop her head off.  LITERALLY.  She would arch her back, scream and kick.  To get her to actually take the bottle, we would have to give her Wubbie (pacifier), then slowly move it out of the way, replacing it with the bottle.  It was one hell of a process.  A typical feeding should take no more than 10 minutes...for Allie it was more like 25-30.  I cannot explain just how frustrating it was.

Well, Sunday I decided to pull out the Playtex Drop-ins I originally registered for and try them.  No kidding, Allie looked at the nipple, fussed for 2 seconds then DEVOURED the bottle.  With the Dr. Brown's I was only able to get her to eat 4 1/2 ounces out of 5...her 6:30 am bottle had 7 ounces!  It was like a little slice of heaven had fallen in my lap.  Of course, I only have 3 of the 8+ ouncers so I will make a Wal-Mart run this evening.

I hope and pray I have defeated the "fear of the bottle" - fingers crossed for a positive day at school and evening at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment