Saturday, August 7, 2010

John Mayer

I've always loved John Mayer.  And in fact, in college, Ben and I had tickets to go to his concert at the Sanger Theater in New Orleans, however mom ended up coming into town so we sold them. 

Randomly, 2 days after we came home from the hospital after having Allie, I went to Wal-Mart to get dinner and to simply to get out of the house for a couple minutes.  On the way home, I will never forget - I was driving the Tahoe and John Mayer's new song "Half of My Heart" came on and I lost it.  It was the first time I had heard it.  Going through losing my mom, then having Allie 30 days later, my emotions were (and still are) all over the board.  If you've never heard the song, I suggest downloading it as it is one of the sweetest songs I've ever heard.

Over the 4th of July Ben, Allie, Roxy, Toby and I stopped by the cemetery on our way out of town to see mom.  It was extremely difficult...harder than I thought it would be, especially with Allie there.  When we got in the car after our visit, "Half of My Heart" was playing on XM...what are the chances?  I'm not one for symbolism, but I will tell you, since mom passed away, I have had numerous things happen to prove she is with me!

The Chorus:
"Half of my heart's got a grip on the situation, half of my heart takes time.  Half of my heart's got the right mind to tell you that I can't keep loving you, oh with half of my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment