Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Your pediatrician is part of your family!

When I found out I was pregnant, I sent an email to our close friends asking who their pediatrician was.  Out of roughly 10 people I sent the email to, two of them responded with Dr. Franz and literally wrote an entire book on just how wonderful she is.  I'm not one to research things (who has time!) so the fact that two friends recommended her meant she must be pretty darn awesome.

Our first visit with her (Allie was 5-days-old) was sad - we had to go over both family's medical history so I had to disclose the details of mom's death - but warm in the fact that she made us feel like we were on top of the world.  Dr. Franz is simply the best thing a parent could ask for.  I've never felt so comfortable with a doctor before...her demeanor is so calm and she always makes me feel like I deserve "parent of the year!"  She dotes on Allie and her growth, comments on how lucky she is to have parents like me and Ben and commends us on how much we work with her on developmental skills. 

I wish I could go to Dr. Franz, literally!  It's amazing how important of a role your pediatrician plays in not only your child's life, but yours as well.  Being a first time parent, I've called the after hours hotline several times for random things.  Dr. Franz is the the type of doctor who reads Allie's chart before walking through the door so she knows and remembers everything...more doctor's need to learn from her! 

I look forward to Allie's monthly wellness exams.  I cannot explain enough just how much I love Dr. Franz...she's simply wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment