Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Visit to Marshall!

Over the weekend, Ben headed to Nashville for the LSU game and AP and I went to visit family in Marshall.  We stayed at Papa B's which totally made his weekend.  It's amazing the items you have to bring when traveling with a newborn - bag full of clothes, diapers, wipes, formula, bottles, oatmeal, Nap Nanny, bouncer, car seat...I'm sure I'm missing something.  Dad and I always joke that if mom was here, she would freak at the amount of "things" that come home with us because once the Ross' hit town, my room is in complete disarray!

Anyway - Friday afternoon dad, Allie and I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart for the "Allie & Papa B essentials" like formula, Dr. Brown's cereal nipples, milk and of course beer!  We ate dinner then got to visit with Uncle Steve, Eloise, Kevin, Jake and Millie. 

Saturday, Papa B played golf with the usual suspects and Allie and I visited with Mama and Papa for a couple hours.  G Rob and Pammy (Ben's parents) watched Allie for a couple hours Saturday evening while Papa B and I ran to the Horseshoe (where we lost - BOO!) and to Herby K's for a couple Shrimp Buster's.  They enjoyed their time with Allie P and got to see just how big of a ham she really is.  Saturday night, Uncle Steve, Kristy, Clint, Hannah and Clay came to visit.  Uncle Steve (my mom's brother) just loves Allie P so anytime we are in town he is there.  After bath time, he fed her a bottle and rocked her to sleep (of course I had to take a picture).


Sunday we had lunch with the entire fam - Mama, Papa, Jamie, Brad, Molly Kasey, Steve, Sandi and dad, then headed to Shreveport where we visited with Nanny for a couple hours.  Nanny is Ben's 85-year-old grandmother who is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet.  She's battled cancer twice that I know of (I think it's actually three times) but has the best mentality.  Allie is her first great-granddaughter so when we visit I always have to capture as many pictures as possible!



Papa B and Allie before lunch Sunday:


No comments:

Post a Comment