Sunday, September 26, 2010

Picture day

Before we had Allie, I told myself I would hire a professional photographer to take newborn, 3, 6, 9 and 12 month pictures of her.  We have a nice camera, but the pictures I take just aren't the same. 

The lady I hired for her newborn pictures was WONDERFUL, but extremely expensive in my book.  We loved every single one of Allie's proofs, but literally had to limit the quantity and sizes we purchased (only immediate family got one) because we had to order them through the photographer.  I completely understand why she comes with a nice price tag...her pictures are unbelievable.

Given we still have 4 sessions, I needed to find someone who was moderately priced, and allowed you to purchase all the prints on a CD.  After talking to some friends we found a lady named Jennifer Rouprich...she came today to take Allie's 3-month pictures.  We could not coordinate schedules to save our lives - after all, my husband works in college athletics and is constantly on the go - so she came this afternoon at 4:30.  MAN could Allie have been any fussier!

Poor, poor baby girl.  She was not having any part of posing, smiling, laughing...NOTHING.  We were able to take a couple family shots, then s#*^ hit the fan.  My girl AP just wasn't up for anymore. 

Jennifer was wonderful and wants us to be happy with the pictures so she's coming back next week to finish the pictures of Allie by herself. 

As Jennifer was leaving, Allie went ballistic.  Ben took her back to our room and after 10 minutes or so she finally calmed down and fell asleep minus clothes (notice the blanket).


She woke up around 7, ate, took a bath, then passed out on dad in her new Gymboree monkey jommies.

No comments:

Post a Comment