Thursday, November 29, 2012

The nesting has started

Monday night Ben was out of town, Allie got in bed with me around 1:30 am after a bad dream that woke me with a scream and the words "that's my syrup!" so needless to say, I did not sleep well.  I had a personal day left for the year so I took off Tuesday to get about 8,000 things organized and situated around the house.

I remember when I was pregnant with Allie that I hit a point when I wanted everything around the house as perfect as possible, and unfortunately, I think I'm there again.  Tuesday I redecorated our room, pictures are below.  I still have some things left to do but it looks so much better than it did.

I need two more porthole mirrors for above the bed 

Fabric for throw pillows.  I ordered two 18x18 pillows in the tan, cream and gray paisley and a bolster in the Greek key.

My mom's favorite flower was the hydrangea so I decorated with them in small glass containers.  This one is on Ben's nightstand.

My nightstand with several hydrangeas and my absolute favorite picture of Ben, Allie and me.

Etched vase from our friend Derek's sweet mom for my 30th birthday.


Pardon the price tag on the mirror and it's "off-centerness" - this was a trial.  :)


Tonight I had Ben raise the baby's crib so I could see what the crib skirt looked like.  I still have some decorating left, but it's coming along. 



The white balance on my camera is really white...not sure how to make these look better.




Ben's original Peter Rabbit books from when he was a kid.

Rabbit lamp compliments of Pammy

Not sure if this pillow will stay here or not...needed somewhere to put it.


My last project, which is in progress, is to have new pillows made for the couch in the living room. I've found fabric but need to narrow the choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment