Tuesday, October 16, 2012

RCR's New Digs

Sunday we made the move - Allie slept in her big girl bed for the first time ever.  Of course it wasn't by herself for the first 4 hours, as Ben fell asleep with her until 1 am, BUT nonetheless, I was proud that she stayed in her bed until 5:45 am. 

Yesterday she was sent home from school with pink eye.  We went to the doctor and not only does she have a very severe case of it, she has an upper respiratory infection to top it all off.  SO, she slept with us last night.  :)

Wish us luck that this whole "big girl bed" thing remains positive.

I ordered bedding for the nursery almost 3 months ago and it arrived Friday.  I absolutely love it. 

I remember when we found out we were having a girl with Allie, I envisioned a loud, vibrant pink, green, brown, ecru room from the start.  It is quite ironic that the theme of her room matched her personality 100%.  With this being said, I went for a more subdued, simple, some may say "plain" gender neutral room for baby #2 - off white Irish linen bedding, off white and brown decorative crib sheet, goldish/bronze accent pieces, Peter Rabbit pictures, etc.  I cannot explain how serene the room is.  Perhaps I am praying for a calm, easy going child?  ;)

This room is by no means finished.  I have a goldish/bronze chandelier that is being installed tomorrow - I am extremely excited about this, especially after seeing how the one in Allie's big girl room really tied the room together. 


I've attached a few pictures of some of the decorations I hung tonight.  I still need a couple Peter Rabbit pictures, a cute decorative pillow for the rocker, something big for the middle of the changing table...the list could go on, BUT I absolutely love doing this kind of stuff.  I'll find what I'm looking for.  :)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment