Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sleep = A Happy Baby...and MOM!

Motherhood is so funny.  It's amazing how you can actually function on 2-3 hours of continuous sleep each night. 

Sunday we had a rough night.  Allie maybe slept 15-20 minutes at a time and constantly "fidgeted" in her bed...which by the way is IN our bed.  She started sleeping with us a couple weeks back (hey, sleep is sleep!) so I bought a small infant bed that fits in our bed for her to sleep in so we could avoid the nightmare of ever rolling over on her.  Needless to say, this bed leaves roughly 24 inches on each side for me and Ben to sleep...NOT the most comfortable.

So back to Sunday night.  Allie was restless, talked the whole night and just simply could not get comfortable.  And her bed was 6 inches from our heads which meant we didn't sleep either.  Monday she tried to play "catch up" but she was a total bear!

Monday night, Ben and I hung blinds and pictures in the addition and I finished addressing newborn announcements.  We drank our nightly glass of wine and Ben fed AP her last bottle around 11 pm.  I moved her bed to the pack 'n play with the thought that we could not have a worse night that Sunday so why not try the switch?  We laid her down at 11:30, Ben and I washed faces/brushed teeth, then fell into our comfortable and ROOMY bed. 

Allie did not wake up to eat until 4:45 am!!!!!  I have not received 5 continuous hours of sleep since my stay in the hospital, almost 6 weeks ago.  I am like a spring chicken this morning, I simply do not know what to do with myself! 

I'm not getting my hopes up on this being a recurring patten but boy was it nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment