Thursday, July 8, 2010

First outing!

So after being cooped up in the house for almost 1 month, I decided to throw on my "brave" hat and take Allie out today. 

First stop...Bed Bath & Beyond for curtains for the addition.  I ran in...and ran out in an attempt to hurry up and get the stop finished to avoid an uproar.  Who wants to be one of those mom's with a screaming kid in the check out line?

Second stop...Target for dog food, body wash and medium bottle nipples.  This was probably my quickest trip to Target EVER.  Maybe lasted 10 minutes but again, I wanted to avoid the potential fit.

Third stop...cleaners.

Fourth stop...Hobby Lobby but it didn't happen.  After getting her carrier out of the car, I quickly realized the buggies weren't big enough.  For those of you who know me, I am an avid Hobby Lobby visitor.  They received a strike against them today.  Who doesn't have buggies large enough for an infant carrier?

Fifth stop...McDonald's so mom could pick up a grilled chicken sandwich and a glass of tea.  And the outburst began at the cashier window.  We quickly made it home in time to feed then it was nap time.

This mom stuff is often complicated but probably the most rewarding job in the entire world!

1 comment:

  1. This is a pretty ambitious first outing! I have friends that have had kids for years and wouldn't even try all of those places at once ;-)

    ReplyDelete