Thursday, July 8, 2010

Allie & "Marty"

We had Allie's newborn pictures taken when she was 4 days old and received the proofs this week.

The first gift mom gave me was Allie's going home outfit with "Marty" the sock monkey attached to the sack with his magnet hands.  During the newborn pictures, Ben brought up the idea to have a professional picture taken with Marty as a memory of mom.  We did, and the picture brings tears to my eyes every time I see it.  It's almost like Allie is "holding onto" mom.  His bright colors remind me of her vibrant personality.  It's so funny how you look for signs that someone is still with you after death.

Mom was an avid reader and always preached to me to read to Allie everyday.  Allie and I fulfill mom's wish each afternoon.  When we finish our stories we often talk about Grandma Kim and look at the numerous pictures I have of her throughout the house.  Although Allie arrived 30 days after mom left us, my goal is for her to know as much about her as possible through stories, pictures, etc. 


Mom - you would be so proud of this little critter.  She challenges me daily and I know you would love that!  We love and miss you more than you will ever know, mom.

2 comments:

  1. I teared up reading this! The photo is even more precious after reading this it's something you'll both treasure for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried reading this. It totally sucks to "introduce" your child to someone you loved so much, only through pictures. Marielle knows who Uncle Jeremi is through pictures, but will never know the Uncle she could have had. I know he would have been her favorite. It was really hard when we brought Marielle to the cemetery. It was terrible to tell her we were going "see" Uncle Jeremi and we brought her to a patch of grass and a tombstone. We haven't brought her back. He lives on through pictures and the girls will always know their uncle Jeremi.
    Love you Carm...

    ReplyDelete