Saturday, April 3, 2010

Our Constant Project...aka our HOUSE!

We bought an old home, built in 1954, in September 2008, remodeled the entire inside and moved in 7 weeks later. Yes, it was a large undertaking but we somehow succeeded in making it as quick as possible.

Ben and I constantly laugh because just as my parents have said many times - "old homes are a constant project" - they aren't kidding!

With the addition moving along in the backyard, we embarked on a landscape project in the front a couple months ago and finally finished today. After working 3-4 hours this morning, I took a couple pictures and moved them in my "House" folder. While I was showing Ben the new snapshots, I ran across the "before" picture below...it's amazing how far we have come in less than two years!

BEFORE
Notice the beautiful window units...no, we did not have central heat and air when we purchased the home. According to our neighbors, the original owner barely did a thing to the house and we've heard stories he even pulled up all the landscaping his wife had installed once she died. Doesn't he sound like a lovely man?

About the only "good" thing from this picture is the green grass...hopefully it looks as good this year.



AFTER
I took this picture after our landscape additions this morning...it's hard to believe it's the same house!

No comments:

Post a Comment