Thursday, April 8, 2010

31 weeks

I feel like a broken record, but I seriously cannot believe I only have 9 weeks of pregnancy left.  It is unbelievable how fast this is flying by.

Last week I started going to the doctor every two weeks, which will continue until 36 weeks.  As of my last appointment, I had gained 18 pounds over the course of 31 weeks...not too shabby for someone who eats whatever they want and never exercices!

Each week it seems like Allie not only grows, but gets stronger.  Her "cute movements" I wrote about 10 weeks ago are no longer so "cute" - they are on the "violent" side now.  When I lay on my side at night, it either totally cramps her style or she truly likes it because she goes nuts for what feels like minutes trying to get situated.  I told Ben earlier in the week that it feels like she tickles my left side when going to bed - it's the oddest feeling.  You can now visibly see leg and arm punches and head thrusts through my stomach...although it is often "violent" I must admit I love it.  There are not too many things about this pregnancy I have not enjoyed.

This week marked a significant milestone in my pregnancy and job...I took my last "flight" until after maternity leave.  While I must admit that I am one of those nerds who truly enjoys their job, I definitely did not shed any tears walking off the airplane last night in New Orleans.  Carrying a basketball in your stomach through an airport that seems like it's miles long, dealing with baggage and shuttles, sleeping in hotel beds...it's all for the birds once you're this far along!

Another fun item this week - two of our good friends, Danielle and Will, welcomed their little girl into the world - Emma Ray.  I had the pleasure of visiting the new family of 3 today (and Danielle's parents who were extremely sweet) which was great.  Unfortunately, the Patrick's are leaving us for north Louisiana late next week, but it will be fun for all the new baby girls at the tailgate to grow up together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment