Thursday, April 15, 2010

32 week appointment

I had my 32 week doctor's appointment yesterday and everything looks great so far.  When you start going every 2 weeks all the doctor does is measure your stomach and listen to the baby's heartbeat - maybe a total of 5 minutes. 

According to Dr. Boudreaux, my stomach measurements equal the number of weeks pregnant I am and Allie's heartbeat sounds great.  With this being said, my due date is still set for June 10th.

I noticed Saturday morning that Allie had slightly "dropped" - I've carried her fairly high throughout the course of the pregnancy and things just felt different Saturday.  Sunday, I didn't notice as much but Monday, I could tell by looking in the mirror.  Her movements also feel completely different and Dr. Boudreaux confirmed she's more than likely "head down" at this point with her butt facing my stomach.  This whole process is completely unbelievable!

I have my last sonogram (yeah!!!) at 36 weeks - roughly May 12 - which will determine Allie's currrent measurements. 

Last night Ben mentioned that Allie could decide to join us at any moment - scary!  To make it even more sureal, a friend of ours who was due May 6th went into labor early this morning and is set to deliver at any time today.  It's getting REAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment