Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Reagan's 2-month Well Visit

Well, just like her older sister, my Reagan Charlotte is growing like a weed.  Her stats at her 2-month well visit:

Weight:  12 lbs. 1 ounce (50th percentile)
Height:  23.5 inches (90th percentile)
Head:  15 inches

At this appointment almost 3 years ago (YIKES!), Allie was:

Weight:  12 lbs. 10.5 ounces
Height:  23.25 inches
Head:  15.75 inches

It is amazing how similar these two girls are, not only in their growth patterns, but in looks as well. 

Reagan continues to be an easy, happy-go-lucky baby.  Over the last 3 weeks she has really started laughing, "coo-ing" and making eye contact when she hears you speak which makes going back to work (in just 4 short weeks), so sad.  I love when babies hit this stage.  Allie, Ben and I could not be more in love with this little girl.

Last Thursday night, Reagan shocked us and slept from 10 pm to 5 am, which she has continued to do (even during our trip to Marshall for Easter).  Love this kid.

On another note, might I mention how much I adore our pediatrician.  She really keeps me sane, and answers any questions or concerns I have when it comes to sleeping at night, where to sleep, napping, etc.  Dr. Franz always gives her "pediatrician" opinion, then follows with her "mommy" advice which I love. 

It is amazing what you forget from your second child, but I thank God every day that I blogged the entire time!  Should she be sleeping through the night now?  Should we have a feeding and nap schedule down to a "T?"  Should we let her "cry it out" right now?  These are all questions I asked her yesterday (again, she keeps me sane) and as I expected, her answer was "absolutely not."  A 2-month-old baby does not learn so "crying it out" for naps or to go to bed does not work.  Now at 6-months, absolutely, you do, but not now.  She reminded me that at this point in Reagan's life, we need to get as many snuggles and naps together as we can because they grow up fast.  I just love Dr. Franz, I need a "reality check" sometimes.

- Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment