Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It's getting close to "that time..."

...to have the conversation with Allie as to who that "lady" is in all the pictures around the house.  Any by that "lady," I mean my mom. 

I have numerous wedding, shower and just everyday pictures around the house of mom.  And I honestly never thought anything of it.  Until last week, when Allie started asking "who is that, mom?"

This picture of mom and me is in Allie's room.  My dear friend Autumn had it framed for my birthday when Allie turned 1 and I couldn't think of a better place to display it than her room.  Last week, out of the middle of nowhere, Allie said "who's that girl holding that baby, mom?"  When I said it was "MY mommy, Grandma Kim" she looked absolutely stunned.  She knows "Grandma Kim" does not exist, she KNOWS it...her little mind wandered for what felt like hours, it was only seconds, then she came back with, "oh mommy, where is Grandma Kim?"  And that's when my voice dropped, became squeaky, and my eyes welled up with tears...at 8 o'clock in the morning.  In a brief 5 second synopsis, again, that felt like it took hours, I told her that Grandma Kim is in heaven with Jesus, and out of the middle of nowhere, with her sweet, joyful and "larger than life" personality she made me die out laughing by saying "she would have liked me mommy!"

 
Allie Parker, one day you will in fact read this and I want you to know that the lady above would have absolutely, 100%, adored and worshiped the ground you walk on.  It is such a shame that she cannot see first-hand how smart, intelligent, witty and all-around beautiful of a little girl you truly are.  As you grow older, we will talk about the amazing woman Grandma Kim was. 
 
It is late, and I'm exhausted, but I will most more pictures tomorrow, along with her comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment