Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Maternity Leave 2013 vs 2010

I am always so tired. Always. I never can "catch up" on sleep and I didn't quite understand why until this week.

According to my blog posts from Allie at this time, she and Reagan sleep basically the same. Go to bed around 10 pm, wake up a time or two during the middle of the night, may take a bottle around 3 am (depending on growth spurt), etc. All in all, both girls are relatively the same when it comes to their sleep and eating patterns.

So how and why am I always so tired?

WELL...it's called having TWO kids this go around!

When on maternity leave with Allie, we could sleep all morning. That whole "sleep when she does" theory actually works when you only have one kid. Having two? This theory and thought is thrown out the window.

Take this morning as an example. Reagan had some gas last night and got in bed with us around 3 am (after a bottle). I don't sleep well with her in our bed BUT it's better than walking across the hall 7,000 times to console her, put her pacifier back in, etc. At 6 am she wanted to eat again, so Ben got up and fed her, then put her back in bed with me while he got ready. I put her in the rock n' play and she finally went sound asleep around 7. I wasn't far behind her...then, my sweet Allie Parker bebop's in at 8:10, crushing any and all hopes I had of sleeping in. Allie's demands and requests begin the moment her eyes open so I was up and at 'em at 8:10 am - making breakfast, changing diapers, picking out clothes, arguing, refereeing...to do all this you must have coffee, so there is no going back to sleep.

When on leave with Allie, if she had a bad night, or if I just wanted to be lazy, we could sleep until noon. We did whatever we wanted to.

And this my friends, explains why I am always.so.tired. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment