Monday, December 10, 2012

More master bedroom updates

I love to decorate, and several factors make it even more fun:

1.  Finding "new" spots for older decorations around the house
2.  Discovering wonderful sellers on Etsy
3.  Catching great deals on easy "update" items

I needed to find "something" to go above our bed, between the two windows.  It's a smaller area so I had to watch the size so it didn't "swallow" or look "rinky-dink."  These candle holders (I have a total of 2) have been in our master bathroom since the day we moved in and to be honest, they're a huge pain in the butt because I hit my elbow on them every morning while curling my hair.  I decided to try moving one above the bed and it looks great; it adds something unique to the room and pulls out the bronze and khaki brown in the pillows.  Not sure what I will do with the other one.





I found both these fabrics at P Tree Textiles several weeks ago and loved them BUT the fabric was pricey AND I received a quote for $2 per square inch to make pillows.  For each paisley ikat pillow (18x18) I was looking at $72 before the fabric, and $64 for the gray Greek key.  Ridiculous if you ask me. 

I found two separate sellers on Etsy and bought all 3 pillows for less than 1/2 what I would have paid to buy the fabric and have them made.  I love gray and the fact it's really in style right now.  If I had my way, with tons of money, I would have ditched the crib in the baby's room (mahogany), purchased a distressed off-white one, and used the gray Greek key fabric with an off-white linen.

The Etsy seller I purchased the gray Greek key pillow from was wonderful.  Little did I know, she is also an interior decorator.  Last weekend I messaged her a picture of our couch and living room, and less than a day later she sent me 3 clusters of fabric swatches to look at.  I ordered the pillow covers (a total of 8) last Monday, and got them in the mail over the weekend.  I was not expecting to get them as soon as I did, so I have to find the inserts this week.  Once I get them situated, I will post pics.

I love when sellers actually help you out, and provide their ideas.  The shop that helped me is called Kloe Studio...check out her items!

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment