Saturday, December 29, 2012

I forgot how many parts these things had!

Ben left this morning for Atlanta for the bowl game so Allie and I scheduled a lunch date with Dana, Evan and Jude.  Allie absolutely adores Ev and Jude and as they were walking into Chick-fil-a she looked at me and said "I'm so excited mom!"  Gotta love this age.

After lunch we ran to Babies r' Us to spend a butt load of money on baby items we need before RCR arrives.  I've done well this week...Thursday night Ben got down all Allie's 8 million bins of clothes and I sorted through them, washed things, etc.  Everything, and I repeat everything she had as a newborn has some sort of pink on it...I was shocked.  Not that I didn't think we had anything pink, but I didn't realize all of it was.  I am really taking a gamble on RCR being a girl.  I washed probably 10 gowns and another 10-15 footed PJ's, of course all pink.  Even her socks, bibs and washcloths were pink!  So given all this, we embarked on a Babies 'r Us adventure today to get the necessities - bottle sterilizer (a whopping $70), white bibs, cream washcloths, poop sacks, socks, wipes, bottle nipples, a postpartum support belt for me (which I SWORE by after I had Allie), a Wubba-Nub...the list could go on.

The coolest thing I bought, which I didn't get with Allie, was the sanitizer...I have been a sanitizing feign today!  I am all about convenience with this kiddo since we have Allie this go around, so I figured the $70 spent would be well worth the lack of time we will spend scrubbing bottles or waiting for the dishwasher cycle to end at night.

BUT...I did forget just how many frickin' parts the bottles contain.  I was a total breastfeeding failure with Allie...I am sure mom's death had a little bit to do with it, so I am not going to get my hopes up if it doesn't work with RCR.  I am going to try, but not kill myself with it.  If the baby ain't happy, then momma ain't happy, which means 4663 Hyacinth Avenue ain't happy - LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment