Monday, January 11, 2010

Who knew there were so many...

So I'm pregnant...there's a life growing inside of me...we know it's a girl...but it just doesn't feel like I've made it this far in such a short amount of time SO...we decided to go crib shopping yesterday.

Ok, so who knew there were so many cribs to choose from out there? Gee whiz! From the color, to the style, to the safety ratings, to the size...my goodness, how overwhelming can this be? I thought I had one picked out then Ben and I introduced ourselves to Cullen's Babyland yesterday...wow, oh wow.

I originally thought I would splurge for a $300-400 crib at Target or Babies 'r Us - one that if Allie gnawed on it, it wasn't a big deal but like I said, we then entered Cullen's yesterday. If you have not been there, you should go because it is eye opening to see how many cribs you can choose from.

Ben, who is my voice of reason half my life, told me I should narrow my choices to 5 or so then go home and think about them and I did just that. By 9 pm last night I had it all figured out so I called Cullen's this AM and placed my order. During lunch Ben and I swapped cars and I went to pick-up the crib only to find out it did not fit in the Tahoe. I was so bummed! Our good friend and neighbor, Jim, is getting it for us tomorrow so I hope Ben is ready to start the construction process tomorrow night!



No comments:

Post a Comment