Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chica needs a new wardrobe

So I'm to the point where my regular jeans are extremely uncomfortable, even with the ghetto ponytail holder securing the button and closure; my regular shirts make me look like an Arkansas redneck with my gut and belly button popping out (all I lack is a cigarette in my mouth and empty Colt 45 bottle) and even my pajama pants are a little "snug" in the rump, hips and stomach.

I'm pretty impressed in the fact that I made it this far (~20 weeks) in my pre-pregnancy clothes.

I start traveling for work again next week so I purchased a couple work items today.

For those who know me, I love clothes and shoes. Today I had a "wake-up call" as to how drab the next 5 months of my life are going to be.

- I would love to walk a day in a maternity clothes designer's shoes to see exactly what makes them think a shirt that says "Princess 2010 on Board" is cool. Perhaps that's why it is on clearance?

- Or my favorite shirts that tie under the armpits that even in an XS make you look like you weigh 300 lbs.

- Or the dresses that offer a nice and tacky rose print on sheer fabric with an underneath slip that then take it a step further and include a rose accent on the collar.

- Or the knit dresses that are so low cut your pregnancy watermelons are at risk of falling out. Come on, I barely want to see that, much less the general public!

I simply cannot believe some of the clothing items there are out there for pregnant women. I could go on...it is slim pickings at maternity stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment