Tuesday, July 12, 2011

365 more days in my 20's...

So I turned 29 this past weekend...what a boring "number" of a birthday BUT I was able to celebrate it with 5 amazing people.

Ben went to Michigan for a friends' wedding so dad and Greg came to visit.  Saturday, dad, Allie and I went to the mall to find new shoes for the sweet princess.  I guess this is a glimpse into the future - buying for someone other than myself on MY birthday - LOL.  Saturday night, two of my best friends - Joelle (and her hubby Michael "Fed-ex) and Carley - came to town and dad took us all to Marcello's for good food and wine.

Carley, Joelle and Fed-ex have always been special to me.  Carley lived with me (poor thing) for two years while at LSU...Joelle, Fed-ex and I met through Sig Ep at LSU.  Joelle and Carley were two of the few people I did not lose contact with when we moved to Oklahoma in 2003 and since we moved back in 2006, we picked up where we left off.  They are amazing friends, and of course, they were both present during the toughest time in my life when mom died.  I miss both of them so much (Joelle is in Mandeville; Carley in New Orleans).

Joelle is the "queen" of cards.  I kid you not, I think she secretly works for the postal service.  If our anniversary falls on a Thursday, she puts a card in the mail on Tuesday because she knows we will receive it Thursday.  My birthday was on Saturday - I received my card on Friday.  She is just so thoughtful.  A card can literally turn your day around and Joelle has coined this process. 

Carley is the "queen" of attendance - anytime she comes to town, she pays us a visit.  She is involved in Allie's life and loves to come spend at much time as she can with her.

With all this being said, I was so excited to have the opportunity to spend my birthday with some of my favorite people.  Dad, Greg, Carley, Joelle and Fed-ex - I love you all and thank you for making my birthday an eventful one!



No comments:

Post a Comment