Thursday, May 5, 2011

My 10-year dream has come true!

As you know, getting into pharmaceutical sales has always been a goal of mine.  After college, I interviewed with several companies but didn't make it far - I was too green!  What the interviews afforded me however, turned out to be awesome experience.

Pro Tech was acquired by 3M in October 2010 and I would be telling a story if I wrote it has been a smooth transition.  3M is an amazing company and if I did not have a family, an 11-month-old especially, it would be an awesome place to grow my sales career.  BUT, I have both of these things and want to be home more.

Several weeks ago I interviewed for a pharma position at Forest Pharmaceuticals - the position is located in Baton Rouge with local travel.  One thing has led to another and I was formally offered the position this week...I.am.ECSTATIC!  My new position is not only financially rewarding, but a true blessing for my family as "mommy" will be home at night to actually be the "glue" that keeps things going round.

I blogged almost one year ago about my family's "glue" being ripped apart when my mom died.  Since becoming a mom last June, I quickly realized I am the "glue" of the Ross family.  Sure, Ben can hold down the fort for a couple days while I am gone, but the mom of the family is the one who makes everything better (no knock to the dad's out there!).  Mom's quick departure from this Earth has made me (and everyone) realize that life is short - missing out on Allie's "small" milestones are HUGE for me. 

This position with Forest could not have come at a better time for me - I found out I landed the job on the 1-year anniversary date of the last time I saw mom.  Doesn't that tell you that angels truly do work in your favor?  Mom was always my biggest advocate - whether she expressed it verbally or not - and I have no doubt she pulled strings for me.  The hardest part about this week is she was the only person not here to call when I found out.  I balled to Ben, my dad, my Aunt Jamie, my friend Autumn....it's just so sad my number 1 fan is not here. 

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next couple weeks as we experience our first Mother's Day without mom, the 1-year anniversary of her death next Thursday, followed by Greg's law school graduation next Sunday.  Emotionally draining I tell you.

Thank you for everyone's kind words, texts, emails, calls, etc. during all this - our support system is truly amazing.

With love,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment