Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hard to believe it's been a year

One year ago today, I saw mom for the last time. 

Saturday, May 1, I had a baby shower hosted by my mother-in-law's friends.  That Sunday, Ben and I stayed in Marshall for the night, Ben worked Shreveport Monday and I worked from mom and dad's house.  That morning, mom came downstairs, gave me a big hug and told me how excited she was to be a grandmother.  I was not going to see her until either a) my water broke, or b) I was induced.  Unfortunately, her life was cut short and she didn't make either.

Today has been rough, I will not sugar coat it, but it's just one of the many "firsts" you have to go through when losing a loved one.  Sunday is Mother's Day followed by the one-year anniversary of her death next Thursday (May 12th), followed by my brother's graduation from law school May 15th, then Allie's birthday June 11th.  Ugh.  That's a lot of "firsts" to have to endure in a short period of time.

Life goes on, but it doesn't make missing mom and easier.  In fact, I think it makes it harder.

Mom and me - May 1, 2010 (34 weeks) - at my last baby shower

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't imagine what you're going through. I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Just know your mom's looking down at you with such joy knowing what a great Mom you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen~You show such strength as you share your journey! I can't even imagine what an emotional rollercoaster the past year has been for you. Your family has been and will continue to be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete