Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's Been Awhile

Ah, life has been quite hectic over the past 3 weeks. Between work travel, the Super Bowl, Mardi Gras and other weekend getaways, we have been so busy.

I have been feeling well and can feel Allie move around more each day. It's such a cool feeling. I was in California earlier this week and literally saw my stomach protrude out thanks to a nice foot, elbow or arm nudge. I can also tell she sleeps while I am in airplanes. Not sure if it's the humming and/or vibration of the motor or what but she is extremely calm when "we" fly. Given travel is the majority of my job, she gets plenty of rest. I honestly think she has been more places in the womb over the past 6 months than I had over the first 10 years of my life!

According to our "Week 23" What to Expect When You're Expecting update, little girl is roughly 12 inches long / 1 pound and should double in size over the next 4 weeks. It's unreal to think that by then I will be in the third trimester...WOW!

Mardi Gras is this weekend and will definitely be a completely different experience this year. Ben and I are trying out some new restaurants (NOLA, Luke's, Cuvee) - might as well spend money on good food since all 3 of us can enjoy rather than the other debauchery Mardi Gras typically entails! The parade Ben rides in (Bacchus) is Sunday, followed by the ball that night. I will post pictures of his journey as well as his elaborate costume.

Over the past 3 months, we decided to add onto our house so we hired an architect and are currently getting bids on the project. My mother-in-law has graciously agreed to keep Allie 2 weeks per month so we are adding on a playroom/living area, bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette to make things easier for her...AND for anyone else who may come visit once Allie arrives.

What a nasty day - sleet in Baton Rouge, gross. I hope the weather changes quickly for this weekend!

Next Wednesday is our 24-week doctor's appointment and sonogram - it's always fun seeing how much Allie has grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment