Sunday, May 30, 2010

A vist from Dad, Greg & pups!

Dad, Greg, Bubba and Webster came in town Thursday and stayed until Saturday morning...it's amazing how much I have missed them.  Although we are only 4 1/2 hours from home, given I am about to pop with Allie, I was only able to stay in Marshall during mom's funeral for four days.  In a way, it was nice being able to get back to our house here in Baton Rouge, but I do feel it has set me back in the grieving process.

Dad mentioned he deals with mom being gone every day as she is everywhere in the house - her clothes hanging in their closet, purse sitting by the computer, all the bedding and decorations throughout the house, her reading glasses still sitting by the computer waiting for tomorrows NY Times crossword puzzle - she is everywhere. 

After hearing dad talk about this, I quickly realized that mom is everywhere in Allie's room - her sock monkey mom just had to make sure she had, the elaborate wardrobe mom created for her, the light pink Nap Nanny, her monogrammed "going home" from the hospital outfit and even the lovely Madella breast pump (LOL)...it's almost like I can interact with mom when I am in Allie's room.

I've mentioned this several times, but Allie's arrival is going to be "bittersweet" for Ben, dad, Greg and me but this little girl has no idea what's waiting for her outside the womb!  Although Grandma Kim is no longer here, I truly believe she is with Allie and me every day. 

We love and miss you mom.
Mary C

No comments:

Post a Comment