Thursday, May 13, 2010

Difficult & Unexpected Times



I am sure the majority of you reading this have already heard that my mom passed away completely unexpected the morning of Wednesday, May 12th.

Yesterday was a completely normal day for us - Ben woke up, showered and left for work...I quickly did the same, ate breakfast, answered work emails and prepared for a conference call.  Just a typical day in the life of C Ross working from home.  :)

Yesterday was supposed to be an exciting day - we were scheduled to have our 36-week sonogram and doctor's appointment that afternoon, however our happiness soon turned to sorrow when Ben had to break the news to me that my mother had passed away 30 minutes earlier of a massive heartattack. 

How could this happen to me?  Why did this happen to me?  How could someone who was looking so forward to being a grandmother be taken away so quickly?  These are the questions I've constantly asked myself since hearing mom is no longer with us.

The number of emails, phone calls, voicemails, text messages and Facebook posts Ben and I have received are almost overwhelming, but I truly cannot thank everyone enough.  My family is suffering a tragic loss - our "glue" has been ripped away - but we know with time, we will make it through. 

Thanks again to everyone for your sweet thoughts and prayers.  On behalf of dad, Greg, Ben and I we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. 

With love,
Carmen

5 comments:

  1. I know no words can possibly comfort you right now but I do want you to know how much I have been thinking about you and your family and praying for you all. I am so sorry. It was so good to see your mom at Kristy's birthday; she was a special lady and I feel privileged to have known her.

    Love,
    Michele (Shankle) Dotson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Carmen. I have no real words to express how I am feeling for you. I know there is nothing that I can do, but I wish there was. Please know we are always here for you if you need anything.
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  3. carmen, i just came across various messages on FB which led me to your blog. I'm terribly sorry to hear of the tragic passing of your mother and will certainly remember you in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that you and your family find peace during this difficult time of loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmen mom had told me when she saw ur mom @ the 'bday party of'68' she was so excited about being a grandma. I am so sorry for your loss. I have my first grandson arriving in Aug. Seeing your sono she is so precious! It amazes me how well we can see them alredy! When you and Keeley wereborn we got xray sheet with 6 pics lol. I will be watching with anticipation for baby Allie's arrival. I know your daddy will be over the moon.Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops thought it put my name lol love Kelly Whitis Brewton...ps hug ur dad for me!

    ReplyDelete