Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm back

After the worse 8 days of my entire life, I am now back and trudging through the emotions you face when losing someone so special and close to you.  It's amazing how your life can change so quickly.

As I prepare to have Allie any day now, I thought it was fitting to pay tribute to mom.  She is greatly missed by all who knew her.  The next 30 days are going to be bittersweet for dad, Greg, Ben and I but she would want nothing less than for us to make the most out of this situation.

I love you mom.
Carm

One of our first pictures together - July 9, 1982


Our last picture together - May 1, 2010

4 comments:

  1. Great update Carmen! Glad to hear the addition is still on track as planned and the flower are such a great sign that your mom is with you. I can't wait for Allie Parker to get here! We'll be having play dates before you know it!!
    Love to you and your whole fam!
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen...this just breaks my heart...I am sorry for the tragic loss your family has suffered - I can't even begin to imagine the roller coaster of emotions that you are on right now! When you said your Mom was your family's glue - I KNOW what you are saying. I couldn't even tell my Mom about what happened without bawling. Thinking about you and your family right now...and ESPECIALLY thinking about that sweet little girl, Allie - who could be here ANY DAY! I can't wait for you to hold her in your arms...you will finally know just HOW MUCH your Mom loved you - it's the most amazing feeling ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing family you have. You will be a great mom!! I am so sorry for your loss, please let me know if I can do anything for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back...and you are so right. Your mom would not want Allie's arrival to be anything less than it would be if she were standing right there..because she will be with each of you to welcome her to the world! HUGS sweetie!

    ReplyDelete